Thursday, October 23, 2014

$30 Trillion Over the Next 30 Years!




Hello,

Today's blog-post is a conversation between sixteen year old, Sagar and his younger sister, twelve year old Sapna.

Meera


$30 Trillion Over the Next 30 Years


Sagar was reading a newspaper and making notes, "Oh, wow! That's a bummer."
Sapna said,  "Bhaiya, that's your fourth 'wow', what in the world are you reading?"
"I can't believe the money Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have made!"

"I know, I wish I could inherit a tenth of one of their fortunes -- I'd take holidays, travel, shop, buy a hug home...just fun, fun and fun.!"

"Yeah, I understand what you're saying, that's exactly why I am reading this article."

"Are you figuring out how to put your hand on their fortune? Perhaps laying even a little finger would suffice." 

"No, my dear sis, I am reading about the distribution of the money when they die?"

"That's what I am saying, they could give a bit to us."

"Go away, you don't deserve a penny of their fortune!"

"And you do?"

"Sit down and listen to what I am reading, it's not what you are thinking."

"Okay, I am sitting, now tell me, no wait, let me get an apple."

Sapna took a bite of the apple as she pulled a chair to sit by Sagar.

"Warren Buffet is filthy wealthy, and has children."

"Who will also be equally wealthy, from father to child."

"Nope, Warren Buffet will give it to charity."

"All of it?"

"Yes, a negligible amount compared to his fortune, a million or two will go to each of his six children." 

Sapna wanted to know, "Is Bill Gates giving his money to his children?"

"Nope, and have you heard of Sting, the singer? Well, he also will not leave his fortune to his kids. These parents do not want their children to be lazy, they want the children to learn the value of money. They'll have to work hard and make their own money."

"Uh, oh, how about their education? Clothing and food?"

"Oh, come on Sapna, they won't be left on streets without a penny to their name,  they'll have money for education, housing etc but not to waste and spend as they please -- the way you want to take holidays, travel, shop, buy a hug home...just fun, fun and fun!"

"Bhaiya, hide the article quick, don't let mom and dad see it."

"My silly sister, mom is the one who gave it to me to read and make something on our own. I know dear sis, our parents are not Buffet and Gates!"

"Hmm...I guess I too better get back to my books."

"Yep, you got it Sapna."


The End


© 2014, Meera Desai Shah






No comments:

Post a Comment